(Yeah, we make a lot of posts about Mendelsund. Wanna fight about it?)
The excellent FaceOut Books has a new entry up wherein they interview Peter Mendelsund about his work with Vertical Press.
- Scratch & Sniff cover
- Lots of glorious images by Mendelsund and others (Gall, Mark Melnick, etc)
- Treatment of manga that isn’t retarded.
- Reading about the budgetary compromises and restraints that Mendelsund has to deal with.
A couple ancillary notes:
- Don’t miss the fact that a lot of the images have mini-navigations above them. I didn’t see it the first time around.
- Cool to see FaceOut Books using the Cargo Collective platform. We haven’t seen it used in this kind of blog format before.